- Suitable for puppies of small and medium breeds
- 85% Protein content, 15% botanicals
- 0% grains, potato, tapioca
- Meat inclusions are from 6 different sources
- 2/3rd of the meat inclusions are fresh or frozen without preservatives
- 1/3rd of the meat are dehydrated without preservatives
- Nutrient-dense Whole Prey Ratios
- Freeze-dried chicken and turkey liver makes this meal palatable
- Formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
- Always have fresh water available for your pet
Orijen's Puppy Dry Dog Food is specifically made to support the growth and development of small and medium breed puppy. Dogs are natural carnivores and need Biologically Appropriate* recipes that suit their evolutionary, nutritional requirements. This recipe, with 85% meat protein content, is made to suit just this.
Protein comes from a variety of meat sources including free-run poultry, wild-caught fish and nest-laid eggs. Orijen stands apart from other brands because 2/3rds of the meat used is fresh or raw (without any preservatives). In order to control quantity, all their ingredients are regionally sourced and prepared in their own, award-winning kitchens. Nutrient-dense WholePrey ratios of meat, cartilage and organs are used so your pup has access to vitamins & minerals from natural sources. The only added supplement is zinc.
85% QUALITY ANIMAL INGREDIENTS | 15% VEGETABLES & FRUIT
Fresh chicken meat (11%), fresh turkey meat (7%), fresh cage-free eggs (6%), fresh whole herring (6%), fresh chicken liver (5%), fresh whole flounder (5%), fresh turkey liver (5%), fresh chicken heart (4%), fresh turkey heart (4%), fresh chicken necks (4%), chicken (dehydrated, 4%), turkey (dehydrated, 4%), whole mackerel (dehydrated, 4%), whole sardine (dehydrated, 4%), whole herring (dehydrated, 4%), chicken fat (4%), herring oil (2%), whole red lentils, whole green peas, whole green lentils, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, lentil fiber, whole pinto beans, whole navy beans, chicken bone and cartilage (1%), chicken liver (freeze-dried), turkey liver (freeze-dried), fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole zucchini, fresh whole parsnips, fresh carrots, fresh whole Red Delicious apples, fresh whole Bartlett pears, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh beet greens, fresh turnip greens, brown kelp, whole cranberries, whole blueberries, whole Saskatoon berries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium. ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Zinc chelate: 100 mg.
Orijen's Biologically Appropriate Philosophy Our pet dog and cat companions are descendants of wild wolves and big cats. Anatomically, they continue to have features that are designed for a meat-based diet. It is to suit these biological needs that Orijen's food recipes have a large meat protein content.
This diet takes into some key points
- Nutrient-dense Whole Prey ratios - so all nutrients are supplied naturally through the meat inclusions
- Regionally sourced meats that are prepared in-house to control quality and freshness Variety of meats.
- Naturally reared to provide sample nutrition.