WINTER CARE FOR THE WAGTAILS
- The winter is finally here in India, winter weather is definitely a warning weather for the wagtails. With the change in season, there has to be a change in your pet’s care routine too. Special care has to be taken for the little puppies whose first winter it is and also senior pets who feel more cold. This blog tells you about the broad areas that you have to focus on this winter in order to keep your pets warm.
- Ease, Cosines and comfort: Floors are way too cold in winters and your pet is mostly on the floor. Despite of their fur, they still feel cold. So always keep in mind laying out mats or rugs on the floor. Also, get them cosy blankets and beds. Use warm clothing sweaters and jackets for them, this will make them feel warm.
- Their Coat and Skin: Winters are a signal for dry skin for humans as well as dogs. Dryness makes the pet’s skin itchy and they will always keep on scratching. Constant scratching might lead to bleeding or breaking of the skin.
- In winters, try giving them coconut oil massages that will help in hydrating their skin and fur coat. It will even relax your pet and help in healing small scrapes and allergies. If the paw pads and nose of your pet are dry or cracking, you can use paw butter and snout. Just ensure you apply it just before the sleeping time of your pet so that they don’t create a mess with it while walking on the floor.
- Try giving a bath to your pets when the sun is there; go for using wet wipes or dry shampoos if it’s a very chilled weather. After giving a bath, don’t forget to use a conditioner as it will help in protecting the coat.
- Plan their diet :Honey is something that will help in strengthening your pet’s overall immunity by fighting infections and digestive probably Honey has plenty of antioxidants and does wonders for sore throats and coughs.
- For this chilly weather, fish based diet and chicken soups are great for the dogs. These have a lot of omega fatty acids which help in improving health of the pet’s skin and coat.