WATER LOVERS – WEIMARANER
"They are water loving dogs"
They were developed in Germany. They are not suited for apartments but they are great to go with family and friends. Making them a family companion is not so tough, all you have to do is to make them exercise more but don't even dare to house train them because that will be a tough journey. They are not at all soft mouthy (the way golden retrievers are). They require really hell lot of exercise and the proper one. They are literally those cute elegant and devoted dogs.
- Male Weimaraner's from 58 centimeters to 64 centimeters.
- Female Weimaraner's from 53 centimeters to 59 centimeters.
- Males weigh from 25kgs to 32kgs.
- Females weigh from 20kgs to 27kgs.
Weimaraner will make your journey special for 11 to 13 years.
- Color: Liver roam, brown and white, liver, black and white, liver and white, brown.
They are one of those who gain up obesity very fast so it's important to divide their meals very well. You need to divide their meal between two halves and should not cross their diet at any cost. Serve them with 2 and a half to 3 and a half cup of food a day. Because overfeeding them can create a major problem and you may need to consult the doctor.
You have to divide the meal of your dog according to their body needs so it's important for you to analyze there body demand. One more important thing about a pet is that you should never feed them with the human food because that can be toxic for their body and you may need a doctor.
These pets are water lovers, so whenever they get a chance to splash into the water, they will enjoy it to the best. But at this point you should take care that while bathing or swimming, you should clean their ears properly as soon as possible so that they don't develop any sort of fungal infection. It's important to make a proper schedule for your dog's bath like you can make them bathe every month. But even if they get dirty and you feel like cleaning them you can clean them with dry towel but don't make them bathe. Because bathing them out from their routine can be harmful.
They are difficult to housetrain. Don't leave them alone in the house until and unless they are well trained because they might hurt themselves so until they are perfectly train, take special care of them. Crate training is very important as it will come up being a nice help to you in Weimaraner's training.
- In this condition the bones doesn't fit into hip joint.
- Dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
- They catch but allergy very soon and it can be caused by anything. If he starts licking his paws or if he rubs his face more often then it's time to get him checked up.
GASTRIC DILATATION VOLVULUS
- In this bloating happens which can be a life threatening thing. In this the dog is not able to vomit out the extra air in his stomach.
- Mostly deep-chested dogs are affected with it.
- This happens because of thyroid gland when it goes unbalanced in the body.
PROGRESSIVE RETINAL ATROPHY
It is a disease which has ultimate outcome as blindness. In this slowly the dog starts losing his eyesight.
FACTOR XI DEFICIENCY
- It is a bleeding disorder.
MOISTURE IN EARS: While bathing them it is important that you keep a check whether you have dried their ears properly or not because if they are not dried properly then they can catch infections quickly.
NAILS: Hygiene is always important so trimming up your pet's nails every week or two is very important because the long nails can make your dog uncomfortable. Long nails can make it difficult for them to walk and even at times it becomes very painful and starts to bleed.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR PET
- First and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with dogs of different breed. No doubt, that there are many beautiful dogs which will give you an illusion of being a Weimaraner but as we know looks is not all what is needed in a pet. So choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders. Last but not the least chooses the breeder with your area of interest.
- Second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is the quality of pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what pedigree is. Actually quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents and ancestors that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament and health of that pet, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. Basically track record of a quality pup is very important.
Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms pedigree & puppy's registrationbut they are too different. Through pedigree a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited but through registration papers you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the qualities.