TIPS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN TRAINING YOUR DOG
Have you always thought of training your dog in the right way? Have you wondered how good trainers do it? How come their dogs are so obedient but your dog isn’t? Well, this blog is for all those dog owners who want to train their pet dogs.
- It’s all about the timing: When training your dog you need to understand that all dogs have a 2-second association process within which they can connect with either a punishment or a reward. Now that you know you just have 2 seconds to react to your dog’s behaviour so, you have to be very careful when it comes to teaching a command to them. For example, if you want your dog to sit when you command him, you have to push him in that position and handle him the treat as soon as possible. If you get late in providing the treat he might connect the treat with standing command.
- Have Patience: Communicating with pets is an art and making your pet understand what you are trying to say is much more amazing. Just as raising a child requires patience, so does training your dog requires Just don’t think that your pet will immediately understand what you are trying to tell or teach them. When training your dog, there might be days when it becomes impossible to teach them and there might be days when they quickly learn what you are trying to teach. Just have patience and of course faith in your dog.
- There is no gain with pain: While you train your dog, try not to hit him as this way, the dog might fear you. The dog would lose trust in the owner and might not respond well to the commands. So, always be kind to your dog while training them.
- A sense of humor: Sense of humor is also needed along with patience while you are training your dog. This makes the training session fun and dogs tend to obey you more if you are c Even if they make any mistakes while the training, try to keep calm and be cheerful.
- Enthusiasm: Well, enthusiasm is a must. In order to get your dog into the mood of training, you need to be passionate about yourself. If you aren’t passionate about yourself, the dog will sense it and won’t obey you anyway. You might have noticed when you call your dog in an exciting way, they always come but when you call them in a boring way they usually don’t come. Therefore, being happy and enthusiastic is important.