TIPS FOR TRAVELING ALONE WITH A PET
Traveling with a pet involves a lot of logistics and when you’re traveling alone the logistics can seem that much more overwhelming. To make it more adventurous and safe check out our tips for a smooth and enjoyable journey with your little one.
- Plan your route – Once you get to finalize your destination, the second task is to be aware of the route you would take to reach your spot. Ensure that the course is including pet-friendly attractions, restaurants, and dog parks that you’ll be passing by. Either you can choose for some delightful spot or places where you will stay for some quality time during your trip.
- Backpack for your travel buddy – Bear in mind to include recent veterinary record and medical history of your furry pet. In conjunction with this, some essential items such as a spill-proof bowl, comfortable pet bed, and a toy or chew for entertainment must be included.
- Safety measures – For the safety of you two buckle must be tightened well while you’re driving. Using seat beats while traveling by road is very necessary and it’s also a major security tip. Secondly, make a note titled with ‘In case of emergency’ and stick it to the dash. The note should consist of the contact information so that one can connect with your family or friends in case of emergency.
- Where to eat? – Always insist to go to a pet-friendly restaurant or places to have your meal. Leaving your buddy locked in a car isn’t ideal as this makes your pet feel uncomfortable and alone. Moreover, homemade food could be carried with you along your tour.
Leaving your pets in the car – For the safety and comfort of your pet in case, you have to leave the car for a minute for a few minutes follow these steps.
- Always park in the shady areas.
- Use sunlight protector and stick it on the window
- Use a spill-proof bowl and give your pet access to plenty of fresh water.
- Set a reminder in your phone which will ping after 10 minutes of leaving your pet in the car.
- Be punctual – Your pet might get exhausted therefore in order to reduce his/her anxiety stay stick to the schedule. Set the alarms on your phone by keeping in mind the timings of the daily schedules and activities such as the feeding time, washroom time, exercise time etc.