THE PUFFY-LION DOG-CHOW CHOW
They are one of the oldest dog breeds. Their origin is from China. They are such cute cuddle babies that you would love life with them. They are not at all aggressive. They have almond-shaped eyes and their ears are angular in shape and are always erect. They are aloof in nature means not too friendly. They don't like to hug more and cannot bear any sort of abuse so try to be careful with how you behave with them. Try to socialize them soon because they are very suspicious to strangers. They can be kept in boundaries and can live in apartments easily. They are shy in nature.
- The height of female Chow Chow is from 46 centimeters to 51 centimeters.
- The height of male Chow Chow is from 48 centimeters to 56 centimeters.
- The weight of female Chow Chow is from 20 to 27kgs
- The weight of male Chow Chow is from 25 to 32kgs.
- Color - Black, blue !important; fawn, cream, red and cinnamon.
- They have thick hair around the head and neck.
- Their tail is furred.
- There are two types of the coat of Chow Chow
- Rough ( They are thick and more).
- Smooth ( Thick and woolly).
LIFE SPAN :
Chow Chow will give you company for 9 to 15 years.
Their dental hygiene is very important to make sure to brush them three times a week. They are seasonal shedder so they need special attention when they are shedding more. They should take bath at least once a month but in case if he gets dirty frequently then never mind washing them. Their nails should be trimmed at least once or twice a month.
FOOD HABITS :
They are one of those who gains up obesity very fast so it's important to divide their meals very well. You need to divide their meal between two halves and should not cross their diet at any cost. Serve them with 2 to 3/4 cup of food a day. Because overfeeding them can create a major problem and you may need to consult the doctor.
You have to divide the meal of your dog according to their body needs so it's important for you to analyze their body demand. One more important thing about a pet is that never feed them with human food because that can be toxic for their body and you may need a doctor.
To check whether your dog is overweight or not you can perform a very well known method:
First, look down at him. You should be able to see his waist. Then place your hands on his back, thumbs along the spine, with the fingers spreading downward. You should be able to feel his ribs even though you can't see them, it means he needs less food and more exercise.
They should not exercise more but they should exercise daily. They don't require more than 15 minutes of walk. They are easily house trained but prefer giving them crate training. Crate training is very important. I assure you they are too sensitive to deal with so never go harsh on them. They love pleasing people.
They have one bad habit of destructive chewing ( they can chew shoes, doors etc.), So to stop them from doing such chewing you need to train them properly. You can involve them with chewing their own toys and bones so that they don't get involved in destructive chewing.
- In this, the eye rolls down and they start irritating.
- They injure the eyeballs.
- This may injure the eyeball.
CANINE HIP DYSPLASIA -
- In this condition, the bones don't fit into the hip joint.
- The dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR CHOW CHOW :
- There are two most important things you should keep in mind if you are planning to buy a dog.
- First and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with a dog of the different breed. No doubt, that there are many beautiful dogs which will give you an illusion of being a Chow Chow but as we know looks is not all that is needed in a pet. So choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders. Last but not the least choose the breeder with your area of interest.
- The second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is the quality of pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what is pedigree. Actually quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents and ancestor that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament and health of that pet, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. Basically track record of a quality pup is very important.
Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms pedigree and puppy's registration but they are too different. Through pedigree, a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited but through registration papers, you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the qualities.