THE PROTECTIVE ONE - SCHNAUZER
"They are the ratters "
They have originated from Germany. They are bred to be ratters (rat catchers) and guard dogs. They have versatile nature. They are versatile in nature. They are medium sized dog. They are very protective specially for owners. When you have them home, they are your love for life. The dog odor is a problem faced by many users, but these dogs have minimal dog odor. They are intelligent and are stubborn. They are very difficult to housetrain so choose to crate train them (they have high energy). They are very suspicious if you make them face strangers.
- The height of female schnauzer is from 17 inches to 19 inches.
- The height of male schnauzer is from 18 inches to 20 inches.
- The weight of female schnauzers from 30 pounds to 45 pounds.
- The weight of male schnauzer is from 35 pounds to 50 pounds.
They will be with you for 12 to 16 years.
- Colour: black, black and silver, white, salt and pepper.
- They have wiry, hard and dense coat.
They don't need to eat in bulk. You cannot make them eat for the whole day, you have to stick to a schedule and divide the meal into two. They need one cup to two cups of high-quality food.
But with this i would even tell that the need of a dog's body varies from one dog to another because that depends completely on their physical needs. If your dog is sporty and an active one, then of course he will need more food than others. So, it's important to watch out your dog and accordingly develop up their eating habit.
It's important to feed your pet with the right quantity and quality of food to help them grow in the best manner they may can.
You should never share human food with your pet because that may contain elements which can be toxic for your pet for example potatoes, chocolates, etc.
Training them properly is very important and in that training it is important to socialize them as early as possible because in case if they are not socialized soon then they may develop aggression towards other animals and specially of same gender. We know one thing very well, that is what you sow is something what you get. So be aware while training them and focus over obedience training. Socializing them is very important. They don't need a lot of exercise, few minutes of walk daily will be more than enough. Physical exercise is important because that helps in burning stress and calories. Don't let them get bored because then they may get destructive.
First and the most important thing about their wrinkle and face is that they should be kept clean and dry always. You can clean their ears with baby wipes so as to keep them infection free. Always keep their ears free because bacteria may attack them and they may face severe infection. Yes, another thing is you cannot make them over eat because over eating will spoil their health and behaviour. You should bathe them after every two weeks. Their nails should be always trimmed. They are prone to joint damages so keep that in mind that their joints don't get hurt.
- In this condition the bones do not fit into hip joint.
- Dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
- It is caused due to different growth rate of three bones that together makes up dog's elbow causing joint laxity.
- They develop cataract at a very young age.
- This is a hereditary disease.
- It occurs when the stomach gets filled with gas, air and keeps twisting.
- Gaining weight can cause many problems to your dog. As you know your dog is a bit lazy one so, do not let them gain weight because cutting weight would become a big deal.
PROGRESSIVE RETINAL ATROPHY (PRA)
- This disease causes blindness in the d
- It is the habit of a dog to catch sensations that compensate a bit to their blindness.
- In this disease the food and liquid get stuck in esophagus.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR SCHNAUZER
- There are two most important things you should keep in mind if you are planning to buy a schnauzer.
- The first and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with a dog of a different So, choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders. Last but not the least, choose the breeder in your area of interest.
- The Second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is the quality of pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what is a pedigree. Actually, quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents and ancestor that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament and health of that pie, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. A Basically track record of a quality pup is very important.
Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms pedigree and puppy’s registration but they are too different. Through pedigree a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited, but through registration papers you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the qualities.