THE MOP DOG-KOMANDOR
"They are Hungarian Ship dog''
They were developed in Russia. If you look at them you will feel as if you have bought a mop. They have very strong instincts. They are the one who will literally die. They can fight not only for you but for your family as well. It is very important to teach them that when they have to bark and when not. They can be aggressive to other dogs and if you leave them alone.
- The height of female Komandor is from 64 centimetres to 69 centimetres.
- The height of male Komandor is from 71 centimetres to 76 centimetres.
- The weight of female Komandor is from 40 kgs to 50 kgs.
- The weight of male Komandor is from 50 kgs to 60 kgs.
They will be with you for 10 to 12 years.
- Colour: Cream, Buff and White.
- They have a unique coat.
- They have a top coat which is coarse.
- They have a soft and woolly coat.
FOOD HABITS :
They don't need to eat in bulk. You cannot make them eat for the whole day, you have to stick to a schedule and divide the meal into two times. They need four to five cup of high-quality food.
But with this, I would even tell that the need for a dog's body varies from one dog to another because that depends completely on their physical needs. If your dog is sporty and an active one, then, of course, he will need more food than others. So it's important to watch out your dog and accordingly develop up their eating habit.
It's important to feed your pet with the right quantity and quality of food to help them grow in the best manner they may can.
You should never share human food with your pet because that may contain elements which can be toxic for your pet for example potatoes, chocolates, etc.
Training them properly is very important and in that training, it is important to socialize them as early as possible because in case if they are not socialized soon then they may develop aggression towards other animals and especially of the same gender. We know one thing very well, that is what you sow is something that you get. So be aware while training them and focus over obedience training. Socializing them is very important. They need 20 minutes of exercise and a minimum of half an hour of play time. Physical exercise is important because that helps in burning stress and calories. Don't let them get bored because then they may get destructive.
First and the most important thing about their ears and face is that they should be kept clean and dry always. You can clean them with baby wipes so as to keep them infection free. Always keep their ears moisture free because bacteria may attack them and they may face severe infection. Yes, another thing is you cannot make them overeat because overeating will spoil their health and behaviour. You should bathe them every two weeks. Their nails should be always trimmed. They are prone to joint damages so keep that in mind that their joints don't get hurt.
MEDICAL TIPS :
HIP DYSPLASIA -
- In this condition, the bones don't fit into the hip joint.
- The dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
ELBOW DYSPLASIA -
- It is caused due to the different growth rate of three bones that together makes up the dog's elbow causing joint laxity.
- Gaining weight can cause many problems for your dog. As you know your dog is a bit lazy one so don't let them gain weight because cutting weight would become a big deal.
GASTRIC DILATATION VOLVULUS -
- In this bloating happens which can be a life-threatening thing. In this, the dog is not able to vomit out the extra air in his stomach.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR KOMONDOR :
- There are two most important things you should keep in mind if you are planning to buy a Komandor.
- First and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with a dog of the different breed. So choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders. Last but not the least choose the breeder with your area of interest.
- The second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is of the quality pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what is pedigree. Actually quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents and ancestor that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament and health of that pet, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. Basically track record of a quality pup is very important.
- Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms pedigree and puppy's registration but they are too different. Through pedigree, a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited but through registration papers, you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the qualities.