SILENT HUNTERS - BORZOI
They were developed in Russia. They were bred as being a hunting dog (foxes, rabbit, rat). They later became famous as being the companion for royalty. As they were bred for hunting so they still show up a few of its characteristics as chasing everything around. They get nervous with children so to make them comfortable with children you should socialize them early. They bark very less ( silent dogs).
- The height of female BORZOI is from 28 centimeters to 36 centimeters.
- The height of male BORZOI is from 30 centimeters to 38 centimeters.
- The weight of female Mastiff is from 25kgs to 40kgs.
- The weight of male Mastiff is from 34kgs to 47kgs.
They will be with you for 7 to 10 years.
- Color: black, white, brindle, fawn, cream and red.
- They have a long and silky coat.
FOOD HABITS :
They don't need to eat in bulk. You cannot make them eat for the whole day, you have to stick to a schedule and divide the meal into two times. They need 4 to 8 cup of high-quality food.
But it won't be wrong to say that the need for a dog's body varies from one dog to another because that depends completely on their physical needs. If your dog is sporty and an active one, then, of course, he will need more food than others. So it's important to watch out your dog and accordingly develop up their eating habits.
It's important to feed your pet with the right quantity and quality of food to help them grow in the best manner they may can.
You should never share human food with your pet because that may contain elements which can be toxic for your pet for example potatoes, chocolates, etc.
Training them properly is very important and in that training, it is important to socialize them as early as possible because in case if they are not socialized soon then they may develop aggression towards other animals and especially of the same gender. We know one thing very well, that is what you sow is something that you get. So be aware while training them and focus on obedience training. Socializing them is very important. They need a few minutes of walk daily. They cannot be house trained. Physical exercise is important because that helps in burning stress and calories. Don't let them get bored because then they may get destructive.
First and the most important thing about their wrinkle and face is that they should be kept clean and dry always. You can clean them with baby wipes so as to keep them infection free. Always keep their wrinkles moisture free because bacteria may attack them and they may face severe infection. Yes, another thing is you cannot make them overeat because overeating will spoil their health and behavior. You should bathe them after every two weeks. Their nails should be always trimmed. They are prone to joint damages so keep that in mind that their joints don't get hurt.
MEDICAL TIPS :
- In this condition, the bones don't fit into the hip joint.
- The dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
ELBOW DYSPLASIA -
- It is caused due to the different growth rate of three bones that together make up dog's elbow causing joint laxity.
PROGRESSIVE RETINAL ATROPHY :
- It is a disease which has an ultimate outcome as In this slowly the dog starts losing his vision.
GASTRIC DILATATION VOLVULUS -
- In this bloating happens which can be a life-threatening thing. In this, the dog is not able to vomit out the extra air in his stomach.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR BORZOI-
- There are two most important things you should keep in mind if you are planning to buy a BORZOI.
- First and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with a dog of the different breed. So choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders. Last but not the least choose the breeder with your area of interest.
- The second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is the quality of pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what is pedigree. Actually quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents and ancestor that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament and health of that pet, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. Basically track record of a quality pup is very important.
- Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms PEDIGREE & PUPPY'S REGISTRATION but they are too different. Through pedigree, a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited but through registration papers, you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the quality.