ROAD TRIP WITH PETS
The holiday season is almost here! We know all the pet owners need a trip but not without their pets. It's a pain to leave them and have fun, Let's change that and find out ways to go on a road trip with your furry sidekick.
Pets get sick in cars early, not all the pets can get comfortable immediately with sitting in a car for hours. In case you are planning a long road trip, you should take your dog or cat for a few short road trips, for them to get used to. Pets are no different from humans in many cases.
- Serving your pet too much before a trip is not suggestable (for long journeys usually), they might just throw up. In any case, they need food for a long trip, as soon as they are friendly with the environment, they can be given small meals because eventually, they should be comfortable with food and the journey.
- Water is a must! Not only for pets but for everyone. Water should be packed in abundance and of course the same food that they eat at home. Changing food might increase stress for them. Let your pet know they are in safe and usual hands, make them comfortable and depreciate the chances of making them sick.
- Design a first aid kit for your pet, you never know what mishaps may occur on your trip, you must be prepared for all the situations. Treating our pets as our kids are important here. This kit should contain all their medication, general first aid bandages, scissors, and the numbers of veterinarians of towns you have been visiting – in case of an emergency!
- Take Breaks! You don't have to be a road warrior, stop after a couple of hours and check if your pet needs water or wants to pee. Fetch hotels that are pet-friendly and that don't charge huge amounts for your pet's accommodation.
- Tapping into technology could help your pet survive the trip more happily and safely. Microchipping could be suggested for a healthy trip. Take the weather into consideration while packing for your pet. If it's a cat, you might need just the perfect bedding, because I don't think your cat would want that kinda change at all.
- With your dog spending hours in the car, it’s more important than ever to consider safety issues. The safest way for dogs to travel in a car is in a safety-certified, crash-tested crate. It will also provide a comfortable, safe, and familiar place for your dog to sleep in at the hotel, motel, or other accommodation.
Separating items will make them easier to access when you need them on the ride. Consider all the places you will visit along the way when packing. Items you may need include:
- Food and food bowl
- Water, water bottle and bowl
- Leash Toys for chewing and fetching
- Protective clothing
- Dog-safe insect repellent and sunscreen
- Water goggles
- Brush and shampoo
- Flea comb and tick remover
- Poop bags
Find all the products that you need with the best quality at BonBeno. Visit www.bonbeno.com for assured products and the best experience for your pet.