LION WITH SWEETNESS -SHIH TZU
" They are Lion dogs with sweet temper and this Lion dog is a lover not hunter "
They are also known as Chrysanthemum dog. They are those happy going house dogs, who will give you the company to cherish forever. They are very affectionate and they love going out. They lack agility and obedience. They have such cute faces that will melt your heart. There is a quote by an American composer James Mumsford which stands true for Shih Tzu - They have a dash of lion a couple of ounces of domestic cat, several teaspoons of rabbit, one part court jester, a dash of ballerian, a pinch of old man, a bit of beggar, a tablespoon of monkey, one part baby seal and a dash of teddy bear.
- They are the easy-going dogs.
- They are friendly with stranger.
- They are not aggressive.
- They are beautiful and de
- They don't hunt.
- They don't guard.
- They have an appealing
- They are prone to dental issues.
- They snore.
- They are the one best for your apartments.
- They have white mark on head and tail which makes them more beautiful.
- Male Shih tzu are from 23 to 28 centimeter.
- Female Shih tzu are from 20 to 25 centimeter.
- Males weigh from 5 .to 8.5 kg.
- Females weigh from 4.5 to 8 kg.
Shih tzu will make your journey special for 10 to 12 years.
- Color: Black, Black and white, gray and white, red and white.
- They have long silky hair.
- They tend to change the coat colour when they are about to be a year old.
They are one of the fourteen oldest dog-breed. This breed was developed in China or Tibet. They have been considered as Buddha's companion infact the white mark on their head is considered as Buddha's kiss. There is a very famous story about Shih Tzu, once Buddha travelled with a dog whose description is well suited to Shih Tzu's personality. One night many robbers attacked Buddha then the Shih Tzu changed to a lion and attacked them.
They are one of those who gain up obesity very fast so it's important to divide their meals very well. You need to divide their meal between two halves and should not cross their diet at any cost. Serve them with half to one cup of food a day. Because overfeeding them can create a major problem and you may need to consult the doctor.
You have to divide the meal of your dog according to their body needs so it's important for you to analyse their body demand.One more important thing about a pet is that never feed them with the human food because that can be toxic for their body and you may need a doctor.
These pets are water lovers, so whenever they get a chance to splash into water, they will enjoy it to its best. But at this point you should take care that while bathing or swimming, you should clean their ears properly as soon as possible so that they don't develop any sort of fungal infection. It's important to make a proper schedule for your dog's bath like you can make them bathe every month. But even if they get dirty and you feel like cleaning them you can clean them with dry towel but don't make them bathe. Because bathing them out from their routine can be harmful.
They are difficult to housetrain. Don't leave them alone in house until and unless they are well trained because they might hurt themselves so until they are perfectly train, take special care of them. Karate training is very important as it will come up being a nice help to you in Shih tzu's training.
RETAIN BABY TEETH
- They at time may have baby teeth with their permanent teeth so in that case you may need a dentist soon.
- They may snuffle and snore loudly.
- They may have nasal drainage.
- In this condition the bones do not fit into hip joint.
- Dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
- This problem is caused when the quantity of protein, magnesium and phosphorus is more in body.
- This may be due to the wrong diet plan.
- This can cause bacterial and urinal infection.
JUVENILE RENAL DYSPLASIA
- They are the genetic defect of kidney.
- In this your dog may vomit, urinate frequently and may feel very thirsty.
- Your pet may even loose extreme weight.
- This is an issue in knee where the knee cap gets dislocated or we may say it goes out of place.
- They catch but allergy very soon and it can be caused by anything. If he starts licking his paws or if he rubs his face more often then it's time to get him checked up.
SHEDDING: Properly brushing them is very important because if you brush them for like twice a week then, the hair will go out with the brush instead of everywhere in your house, furniture and body.
MOISTURE IN EARS: While bathing them it is important that you keep a check whether you have dried their ears properly or not because if they are not dried properly then they can catch infections quickly.
NAILS: Hygiene is always important so trimming up your pet's nails every week or two is very important because the long nails can make your dog uncomfortable. Long nails can make it difficult for them to walk and even at times it becomes very painful and starts to bleed.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR PET:
- First and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with a dog of different breed. No doubt, that there are many beautiful dogs which will give you an illusion of being a Shih Tzu but as we know looks is not all what is needed in a pet. So, choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders. Last but not the least choose the breeder with your area of interest.
- Second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is the quality of pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what is pedigree. Actually, quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents and ancestor that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament and health of that pet, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. Basically, track record of a quality pup is very important.
Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms pedigree and puppy’s registration but they are too different. Through pedigree a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited but through registration papers you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the qualities.