KNOW YOUR CAT’S SPECIAL NEEDS: HEALTH AND HYGIENE
Cats may be easy to love, but they’re not quite as easy to care for. They have specific needs in order to live a long, happy and healthy life. Here is a basic overview of how to care for a cat’s health so let’s get started:
- Choosing the Right Diet for Your Cat –Cats are carnivores, that means they should have some source of animal protein and fat. The animal source can be in the form of beef, poultry, chicken, turkey, fish or other meats.
In conjunction with this, cats need nutrients such as Protein, Fats, Fibers, Water, Carbohydrates to keep them healthy. The right diet builds up the immune system and makes the cat’s body inhospitable to germs causing health problems.
- When to see a vet –Notice these basic daily routines of your cat:
- Eating habits
- Elimination habits
- Normal Gait
- Grooming habits
- Behavioral changes
If you suspect to find changes in any of these listed symptoms for more than 12 hours then rush quickly to your vet.
- Cat Health & Nutrition During Pregnancy –The adult food you normally give your cat is great for her everyday diet, but it won’t provide the extra boost she’ll need when expecting. A high-quality kitten food containing calories and proteins will provide all the necessary nutrients when feeding your pregnant cat. In addition to this proper veterinary check-up and care of your cat is essential.
- Cat Illness Symptoms to watch out for –The top 6 symptoms indicating that your cat is sick and need immediate veterinary care are listed below:
Loss in appetite
Unable to walk
Gums are discolored
- What not to feed your cat –Food that should be eliminated from feeding list are pen down below:
- Excess intake of Tuna
- Onion, garlic, chives
- Grapes and Raisins
- Fat trimmings and bones
- Raw eggs
- Raw meat and fish
- Dog food
- Too many treats
- Yeast dough
- Your medicine
Unfold these tips to maintain your cat’s hygiene
- Grooming – Your cat needs a daily shower as it will exfoliate all the dirt and germs and along with this frequent brushing will help in removing the tangles and keep the hair coat clean.
Housing –Allot a specific area for your cat to stay and sleep.
Ensure that the place is clean and dry.
A smooth towel or blanket must be used for bedding.
Wash the bedding materials from time to time.
- Litter box –For all the indoor cats a litter box is a must which should be kept in a permanent and easily accessible spot. As cats don’t prefer a messy and smelly litter box, therefore, dump the solid waste on a daily basis.