FACTS ABOUT THE WELL PERSONIFIED AFGHAN HOUND
Afghan Hound were bred for its unique features to stay in cold mountains of Afghanistan. They are one of the ancient bred dogs. They have an exotic face and are a fashion model. Their original name was Tazi. They have more importance because of their ability to run. They are very fast and can run to very good distances. They are not just agile they have the ability to think. They can even hunt well. To give them house training is a bit difficult thing but they are gentle to handle.
- The height of female Afghan Hound is from 60 centimetres to 69 centimetres.
- The height of male Afghan Hound is from 68 centimetres to 74 centimetres.
- The weight of female Mastiff is from 20 kgs to 27 kgs.
- The weight of male Mastiff is from 20 kgs to 37 kgs.
They will be with you for 12 to 14 years.
- Colour: black, fawn, lilac, sand, cream and red.
- They have a thick, fine and silky coat.
- The coat was needed for warmth.
- They have a flowing coat.
FOOD HABITS :
They don't need to eat in bulk. You cannot make them eat for the whole day, you have to stick to a schedule and divide the meal into two times. They need 2 to two and a half cup of high-quality food.
But with this, I would even tell that the need for a dog's body varies from one dog to another because that depends completely on their physical needs.If your dog is sporty and an active one, then, of course, he will need more food than others. So it's important to watch out your dog and accordingly develop up their eating habits.
It's important to feed your pet with the right quantity and quality of food to help them grow in the best manner they may can.
You should never share human food with your pet because that may contain elements which can be toxic for your pet for example potatoes, chocolates, etc.
Training them properly is very important and in that training, it is important to socialize them as early as possible because in case if they are not socialized soon then they may develop aggression towards other animals and especially of the same gender. We know one thing very well, that is what you sow is something that you get. So be aware while training them and focus over obedience training. Socializing them is very important. They need, a few minutes of walk daily will be more than enough. They cannot be house trained. Physical exercise is important because that helps in burning stress and calories. Don't let them get bored because then they may get destructive.
First and the most important thing about their wrinkle and face is that they should be kept clean and dry always. You can clean them with baby wipes so as to keep them infection free. Always keep their wrinkles moisture free because bacteria may attack them and they may face severe infection. Yes, another thing is you cannot make them overeat because overeating will spoil their health and behaviour. You should bathe them every two weeks. Their nails should be always trimmed. They are prone to joint damages so keep that in mind that their joints don't get hurt.
MEDICAL TIPS :
- In this condition, the bones don't fit into the hip joint.
- The dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
- It is caused due to the different growth rate of three bones that together makes up the dog's elbow causing joint laxity.
- They catch but allergy very soon and it can be caused by anything. If he starts licking his paws or if he rubs his face more often then it's time to get him checked up.
- This happens because of thyroid gland when it goes unbalanced in the body.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR AFGHAN HOUND :
There are two most important things you should keep in mind if you are planning to buy an Afghan Hound.
- First and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with a dog of the different breed. So choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders. Last but not the least choose the breeder with your area of interest.
- The second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is the quality of pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what is pedigree. Actually quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents and ancestor that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament and health of that pet, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. Basically track record of a quality pup is very important.
- Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms pedigree and puppy's registration but they are too different. Through pedigree, a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited but through registration papers, you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the qualities.