They are known to be the star of Disney worlds and that was the stage which made them as one of the most popular breeds.They are the sleek and athletic dog breed. They had started their journey as the coach dogs. They have unlimited potential and stamina. They are found to be very intelligent and agile as well, so calling them as a star is no wrong. They cannot bear to be alone and bored so you have to keep them busy mentally and physically because in case they are bored they may become destructive. As we know they are very intelligent and agile so training them becomes a very easy task. They need to be socialized soon. They are just born to run and hike. Running is something they love to do again and again. They are a star as being the watchdogs also (perfect).
- The height of female Dalmatian is from 56 centimeters to 58 centimeters.
- The height of male Dalmatian is from 56 centimeters to 61 centimeters.
- The weight of female Dalmatian is from 16 kg to 24 kg.
- The weight of male Dalmatian is from 15 kg to 32 kg.
They will be with you for 10 to 13 years.
FOOD HABITS :
They don't need to eat in bulk. You cannot make them eat for the whole day, you have to stick to a schedule and divide the meal between two times a day. They need 1 and a 1/2 to 2 cups of high-quality dry food in a day.
But with this, I would even tell that the need for a dog's body varies from one dog to another because that depends completely on their physical needs. If your dog is sporty and an active one, then, of course, he will need more food than others. So it's important to watch out your dog and accordingly develop up their eating habits.
It's important to feed your pet with the right quantity and quality of food to help them grow in the best manner they may can.
You should never share human food with your pet because that may contain elements which can be toxic for your pet for example potatoes, chocolates, etc.
Training them properly is very important and in that training, it is important to socialize them as early as possible because in case if they are not socialized soon then they may develop aggression towards other animals and especially of the same gender. They need walks daily. They need frequent exercise and play time to be busy. Because in case they are bored then that may result in aggression. They should even get crate training. They have a lot of energy and stamina.
First and the most important thing about their ear and face is that they should be kept clean and dry always. You can clean them with baby wipes so as to keep them infection free. Always keep their ear moisture free because bacteria may attack them and they may face severe infection. Yes, another thing is you cannot make them overeat because overeating will spoil their health and behavior. They need to get their fur brushed 2 times a week. They need to get bathe not more than 5 to 6 times a month. They need to brush their teeth 2 to 3 times a week. Last but not least their nails should be cut twice a month.
MEDICAL TIPS :
HIP DYSPLASIA -
- In this condition, the bones don't fit into the hip joint.
- The dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
IRIS SPHINCTER DYSPLASIA -
- This is an ocular
- It causes sensitivity to bright light.
- They get poor night vision and may get partial or total night blindness.
- They may suffer from cataract issues.
- This is a unique urinary tract system.
- This system starts forming up tract stones.
GASTRIC DILATATION VOLVULUS -
- In this bloating happens which can be a life-threatening thin In this, the dog is not able to vomit out the extra air in his stomach.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR DALMATIAN :
- There are two most important things you should keep in mind if you are planning to buy a dog.
- First and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with a dog of the different breed. No doubt, that there are many beautiful dogs which will give you an illusion of being a Dalmatian but as we know looks is not all that is needed in a pet. So choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders. Last but not the least choose the breeder with your area of interest.
- The second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is the quality of pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what is pedigree. Actually quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents and ancestor that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament and health of that pet, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. Basically track record of a quality pup is very important.
Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms pedigree and puppy's registration but they are too different. Through pedigree, a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited but through registration papers, you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the qualities.