CANE CORSO MEANS THE PROTECTOR
" They were developed to guard in fact their name means protector "
They have originated from Italy . There name means " protector ". They are very intelligent which makes it easy to train them. They are even-tempered which means they have a very stable temperament. They need to be socialized as early as possible. They are one of those who is always ready to please you. They need proper mental and physical stimulation. They are highly confident but a bit aggressive also.
- The height of female CANE CORSO is from 23.5 inches to 26 inches.
- The height of male CANE CORSO is from 25 inches to 27.5 inches.
- The weight of female CANE CORSO is from 40kgs to 45kgs.
- The weight of male CANE CORSO is from 45kgs to 50kgs.
They will be with you for 9 to 12 years.
- Color: black, black and brindle, fawn, chestnut brindle, grey, red.
- They have a short and stiff
- They have a very light undercoat.
FOOD HABITS :
They don't need to eat in bulk. You cannot make them eat for the whole day, you have to stick to a schedule and divide the meal into two times. They need four to five cup of high-quality food.
But with this, I would even tell that the need for a dog's body varies from one dog to another because that depends completely on their physical needs. If your dog is sporty and an active one, then, of course, he will need more food than others. So it's important to watch out your dog and accordingly develop up their eating habits.
It's important to feed your pet with the right quantity and quality of food to help them grow in the best manner they may can.
You should never share human food with your pet because that may contain elements which can be toxic for your pet for example potatoes, chocolates, etc.
Training them properly is very important and in that training, it is important to socialize them as early as possible because in case if they are not socialized soon then they may develop aggression towards other animals and especially of the same gender. We know one thing very well, that is what you sow is something that you get. So be aware while training them and focus on obedience training. Socializing them is very important. They need 20 minutes of exercise and minimum half an hour of play time. Physical exercise is important because that helps in burning stress and calories. Don't let them get bored because then they may get destructive.
First and the most important thing about their ears and face is that they should be kept clean and dry always. You can clean them with baby wipes so as to keep them infection free. Always keep their ears moisture free because bacteria may attack them and they may face severe infection. Yes, another thing is you cannot make them overeat because overeating will spoil their health and behaviour. You should bathe them after every two weeks. Their nails should be always trimmed. They are prone to joint damages so keep that in mind that their joints don't get hurt.
MEDICAL TIPS :
- In this condition, the bones don't fit into the hip joint.
- The dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
ELBOW DYSPLASIA -
- It is caused due to the different growth rate of three bones that together make up dog's elbow causing joint laxity.
- Gaining weight can cause many problems to your dog. As you know your dog is a bit lazy one so don't let them gain weight because cutting weight would become a big deal.
GASTRIC DILATATION VOLVULUS -
- In this bloating happens which can be a life-threatening thing. In this, the dog is not able to vomit out the extra air in his stomach.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR CANE CORSO-
- There are two most important things you should keep in mind if you are planning to buy a CANE CORSO.
- First and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with a dog of the different breed. So choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders. Last but not the least choose the breeder with your area of interest.
- The second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is the quality of pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what is pedigree. Actually quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents and ancestor that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament and health of that pet, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. Basically track record of a quality pup is very important.
- Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms PEDIGREE & PUPPY'S REGISTRATION but they are too different. Through pedigree, a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited but through registration papers, you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the qualities.