CAN CATS BE GOOD FOR CHILDREN?
Children always feel that they need animal companionship but parents do not take it seriously as they feel it will be an extra responsibility for them to have a pet in their home. Not to forget, the mess. But parents might not know that having a cat as a pet at home can really have a stabilising and positive influence on their children. After all, pets are the most cherished friend that your child can have.
Here are a few ways of how having a cat at home can actually help your child
- Children are going to be more responsible once they start taking care of a pet. They tend to be more compassionate and concerned. They will not look at a cat as a soft toy but as a pet with emotions. This will also help them in taking account of their feelings for other people around them.
- Though cats might not reply back, children might share things with them which they cannot share with their siblings or parents. This really helps them in coming out of any stress or trauma that they might be facing.
- Children with cats tend to have higher self-confidence and self-esteem than others.
- Once your child starts taking good care of the cat they become more cooperative.
- Children that grow up with cats are possibly less at developing allergies.
- Children with cats as pets fall less sick.
Cats, without a doubt, have a calming effect on us. Being around them automatically makes us feel more happy, chatty, and expressive. Therefore, having a cat as a pet obviously comes up with a lot of added benefits that you might not be aware of.