BOXER - "ATHLETE "
They have originally originated from Germany and were developed in the late 19th century. They were the ninth most popular dog. They are very playful and athletic in nature because they have an extreme level of energy. You may even call him a peter pan when it comes to energy. They are very fearless. They have a distinctive appearance as compared to others. They are needed to have early socialization.
- They have short and shiny hair.
- Color: Fawn, brindle and white.
- Their coat is very bright.
- The height of male boxer is from 57 centimeters to 63 centimeters.
- The height of a female boxer is from 53 centimeters to 60 centimeters.
- The weight of male boxer is from 27 kg to 32 kg.
- The weight of the female boxer is from 25 kg to 29 kg.
- They will make your journey beautiful for 10 to 12 years.
They are one of those who gains up obesity very fast so it's important to divide their meals very well. You need to divide their meal between two halves and should not cross their diet at any cost. Serve them with two to three cup of food a day. Because overfeeding them can create a major problem and you may need to consult the doctor.
You have to divide the meal of your dog according to their body needs so it's important for you to analyze their body demand. One more important thing about a pet is that never feed them with human food because that can be toxic for their body and you may need a doctor.
Training them is very easy you won't have to run after them to teach something because they are very intelligent and smart to understand anything. They love jumping so before training them well don't even think of leaving them alone, because they may jump anywhere and may hurt themselves. They are kind to children but you should be careful while introducing them to other dogs because they are aggressive with dogs and especially of the same gender. Remember to train them when they are young because training them as a grown-up will be very difficult.
The dog should take bath every month at least . Never break the rules or the habit of bathing you develop in them. If by chance you find the fur has become too dirty and there is time for next bathing session then you can clean their fur with a towel and dry shampoo but never go with the excess wash logic as your excess wash habit can destroy the quantity and quality of their fur. Another important thing which you should keep in mind while washing your pet is that you should dry their ear well so that there lies no chance of fungal or any other infection.
MEDICAL TIPS :
- In this condition, the bones don't fit into the hip joint.
- The dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
SUBVALVULAR AORTIC STENOSIS -
- Caused by a narrow connection between left ventricle and aorta
- In this, the heart is not able to pump blood properly instead it is forced to work harder for supplying the blood to the body.
- They catch but allergy very soon and it can be caused by anything. If he starts licking his paws or if he rubs his face more often then it's time to get him checked up.
- It includes the diseases of the eye.
GASTRIC DILATATION VOLVULUS -
- In this bloating happens which can be a life-threatening thing. In this, the dog is not able to vomit out the extra air in his stomach.
- This happens because of thyroid gland when it goes unbalanced in the body.
- They have a problem of deafness that is lack of hearing.
- They have issues to hear properly so treat that soon to avoid complete deafness.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR BOXER -
There are two most important things you should keep in mind if you are planning to buy a boxer.
First and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with a dog of the different breed. No doubt, that there are many beautiful dogs which will give you an illusion of being a boxer but as we know looks is not all that is needed in a pet. So choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders. Last but not the least choose the breeder with your area of interest.
The second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is the quality of pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what is pedigree. Actually quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents and ancestor that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament and health of that pet, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. Basically track record of a quality pup is very important.
Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms PEDIGREE & PUPPY'S REGISTRATION but they are too different. Through pedigree, a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited but through registration papers, you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the qualities.
They have originally originated from Germany and were developed in the late 19th century. They were the ninth most popular dog. They are very playful and athletic in nature because they have an extreme level of energy.