BORDER COLLIE - THE HERDING DOGS
"They are herding dogs"
They have originated from The United Kingdom. They are developed to control the sheep (their main business was sheep herding). They were developed near the hilly border between Scotland and England. They are highly trainable. They are intelligent, obedient and agile. They are not at all like couch potatoes. They have high mental and physical stimulation. They make there own games.
- Colors: white, black, blue merle, brindle, lilac, red merle, chocolate, liner, sable merle, sable, gold and red.
- The male border collie should be from 48 centimeters to 56 centimeters.
- The female border collie should be from 45 centimeters to 53 centimeters.
- The weight of male border collie should be from 14kgs to 20kgs.
- The weight of female border collie should be from 12kgs to 14kgs.
- They will make your journey beautiful for 10 to 17 years.
They are one of those who gains up obesity very fast so it's important to divide their meals into two. You need to divide their meal between two halves and should not cross their diet at any cost. Serve them with one and a half cup to two cups of food a day. Because overfeeding them can create a major problem and you may need to consult the doctor.
You have to divide the meal of your dog according to their body needs so it's important for you to analyze their body demand. One more important thing about a pet is that never feed them with human food because that can be toxic for their body and you may need a doctor.
They need to take bath at regular intervals. Their nails should be trimmed every 3 to 4 week so that it doesn't hurt them. They should be brushing teeth at least 2 to 3 times a week. Another important thing which you should keep in mind while washing your pet is that you should dry their ear well so that there lies no chance of fungal or any other infection. You should comb their coat 3 to 4 times a week.
- In this condition, the bones don't fit into the hip joint.
- The dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
- It is a neurological condition.
- It causes seizure
- They catch but allergy very soon and it can be caused by anything. If he starts licking his paws or if he rubs his face more often then it's time to get him checked up.
COLLIE EYE ANOMALY
- It is an inherited disorder.
- It happens when there are abnormalities in eyes.
- It results in blindness.
- It is an orthopedic condition.
- It happens as a result of improper growth of cartilage in the joints.
- This happens because of thyroid gland when it goes unbalanced in the body.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR BORDER COLLIE
There are two most important things you should keep in mind if you are planning to buy a border collie. First and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with a dog of the different breed. No doubt, that there are many beautiful dogs which will give you an illusion of being a border collie but as we know looks is not all that is needed in a pet. So choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders. Last but not the least choose the breeder with your area of interest.
The second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is the quality of pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what is pedigree. Actually quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents and ancestor that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament and health of that pet, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. Basically track record of a quality pup is very important.
Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms PEDIGREE & PUPPY'S REGISTRATION but they are too different. Through pedigree, a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited but through registration papers, you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the qualities.