BELGIAN SHEEPDOG TERVUREN - A LEND OF INTELLIGENCE AND AGILITY
They were created in Belgium. They are known to be the most elegant breed of all the four Belgian sheepdog. They are very intelligent and agile. They are very sporty (in fact, it won't be wrong to call them versatile). They need lots of exercise and training. They are sensitive so you have to be careful with them. They are full of energy.
- The height of female Belgian Sheepdog Tervuren is from 56 centimeters to 62 centimeters.
- The height of male Belgian Sheepdog Tervurenis from 60 centimeters to 66 centimeters.
- The weight of female Belgian Sheepdog Tervuren is from 20 kgs to 25 kgs.
- The weight of maleBelgian Sheepdog Tervuren is from 25 kgs to 30 kgs.
They will be with you for 12 to 14 years.
- Colour: black, brindle, fawn and black, mahogany and black, black and cream, fawn and liver.
- They have double coated.
- There top coat is abundant. They have long, short hair.
- Their undercoat is soft and dense.
They don't need to eat in bulk. You cannot make them eat for the whole day, you have to stick to a schedule and divide the meal into two times. They need 2 and 3 cups of high-quality food.
But with this it won't be wrong to say that the need of a dog's body varies from one to another because that depends completely on their physical needs.If your dog is sporty and an active one, then ofcourse he will need more food than others. So, it's important to watch out your dog and accordingly develop up their eating habit.
It's important to feed your pet with the right quantity and quality of food to help them grow in the best manner they may can.
You should never share human food with your pet because that may contain elements which can be toxic for your pet for example potatoes, chocolates, etc.
Training them properly is very important and in that training it is important to socialize them as early as possible because in case if they are not socialized soon then they may develop aggression towards other animals and specially of same gender. We know one thing very well, that is, what you sow is something what you get. So, be aware while training them and focus over obedience training. Socializing them is very important. They need a lot of exercise, few minutes of walk daily will be more than enough. Physical exercise is important because that helps in burning stress and calories. Don't let them get bored because then they may get destructive.
First and the most important thing about their ear and face is that they should be kept clean and dry always. You can clean them with baby wipes so as to keep them infection free. Always keep their ears moisture free because bacteria may attack them and they may face severe infection. Yes, another thing is you cannot make them over eat because over eating will spoil their health and behaviour. You should bathe them after every two weeks. Their nails should be always trimmed. They are prone to joint damages so keep that in mind that their joints don't get hurt. From ninth week to fourth month you should put them in kindergarten school.
- In this condition the bones do not fit into hip joint.
- Dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
- It is caused due to different growth rate of three bones that together makes up dog's elbow causing joint laxity.
PROGRESSIVE RETINAL ATROPHY (PRA)
- This disease causes blindness in the dog.
- It is the habit of a dog to catch sensations that compensate a bit to their blindness.
- Gaining weight can cause many problems to your dog. As you know your dog is a bit lazy one sodo not let them gain weight because cutting weight would become a big deal.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR BELGIAN SHEEPDOG TERVUREN:
- There are two most important things you should keep in mind if you are planning to buy a Belgian Sheepdog Tervuren.
- First and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with a dog of different breed. So, choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders. Last but not the least choose the breeder with your area of interest.
- Second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is the quality of pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what is pedigree. Actually, quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents and ancestor that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament and health of that pet, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. Basically, track record of a quality pup is very important.
Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms pedigree and puppy’s registration but they are too different. Through pedigree a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited but through registration papers you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the qualities.