5 BENEFITS OF SALMON OIL FOR DOGS
Salmon oil is one of the most popular oils for its wide array of health benefits. It has become increasingly important and popular as more of its various health benefits have become understood. Following are 5 benefits of Salmon oil for dogs.
- Prevent skin allergies – Salman oil is a very effective remedy for allergic skin reactions in the dogs and helps to provide relief to the inflamed skin. This oil is an asset for the breed of dogs such as Golden Retrievers or Jack Russells. The particular breed of dogs is more likely to be in a vulnerable position as the risk of developing skin conditions or allergies are high in them. Exposure to the allergens just as dust, pollen or grass leads to red, itchy and sometimes painful skin. The oil helps in building up the shield of strong cells which are capable of fighting and preventing the reaction.
- Sustain a healthy immune system – Together with the prevention from inflammation and chronic diseases Salmon oil also sustains a healthy immune system. This is due to the fact that Salmon Oil is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that support a healthy immune system.
- Maintains soft and shiny hair coat – Salmon oil necessarily helps to balance skin moisture from within the body and healthy skin creates a healthier, shinier and of soft hair coat.
- Helps to fight against cancer – There has been talking that Salmon oil is not merely a godsend for preventing cancer but it also halts the growth of cancer once it begins to spread. Conjointly it also helps with conditions caused by cancer such as cachexia.
- Helps in improving the overall health – In addition to the above-mentioned benefits of Salmon oil here are few more advantages which help to boost the overall health of the dogs.
- Aiding in the mental development of foetuses and puppies.
- Improves cognitive function in older dogs.
- Lowers blood pressure and triglycerides.
- Fights heart disease.
- Helps promote weight loss in overweight dogs.
- Helps in producing more collagen.
- Useful in the treatment of kidney problems.