"They have a personality way too mature than their size"
They were developed in England. They are one of the most loving dogs, you would ever meet. They have the most elegant looks; in fact of all the dogs it won't be wrong to say that they are the most glamorous ones. There nickname is Yorkie and they are full of life. They are apartment friendly dogs. They may start barking anywhere, so be careful and teach them when and where, they have to bark. They can become aggressive towards other dogs (especially strangers).They need to exercise daily without any fail. They are prone to teeth and gum problems. They love squeaky toys, so keep them busy with their toys.
- Color: black and tan, blue and gold, black and gold, blue and tan .
- They have long silky coats.
- The male Yorkshire terrier should be 17centimeters.
- The female Yorkshire terrier should be 17 centimeters.
- The weight of male Yorkshire terrier should be from 12 to 15 pounds.
- The weight of female Yorkshire terrier should be from 12 to 15 pounds.
- They will make your journey beautiful for 13 to 16 years.
They are one of those who gain up obesity very fast so it's important to be aware while feeding them. You need to divide their meal between two halves and, they should not cross their diet at any cost. Serve them with 1/2 to 3/4 cups of food a day. Because overfeeding them can create a major problem and you may need to consult the doctor.
You have to divide the meal of your dog according to their body needs so it's important for you to analyze their body demand. One more important thing about a pet is that, never feed them with the human food because that can be toxic for their body and you may need a doctor.
They need to take bath on regular intervals and, you need not rub the coat while bathing. Their nails should be trimmed every time after bathing. They should brush their teeth at least 2 to 3 times. Another important thing, you should keep in mind while washing your pet is that you should dry there ear well, so that there is no chance of fungal or any other infection. You should comb their coat 3 to 4 times a week so that there are no tangles.
These dogs are receptive to training. They are agile and obedient. But to house train them is a big hurdle so the best training process for them is to paper train them. They may get aggressive so you have to train them properly.
- In this condition the bones doesn't fit into hip joint.
- Dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
- They can easily have hearing issues.
- This problem is mostly related to white coat.
- They catch but allergy very soon and it can be caused by anything. If he starts licking his paws or if he rubs his face more often then it's time to get him checked up.
- There is abnormal flow of blood between the liver and body.
GASTRIC DILATATION VOLVULUS
- In this bloating happens, which can be a life threatening thing. In this the dog is not able to vomit out the extra air in his stomach.
- It is also known as slipped stifles.
- They are common in small dogs.
- When patella, femur, patella and tibia bones either slip or goes out of place.
- This happens because of thyroid gland when it goes unbalanced in the body.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR YORKSHIRE TERRIER
There are two most important things you should keep in mind, if you are planning to adopt a Yorkshire terrier:
First and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with dogs of different breed. No doubt, that there are many beautiful dogs which will give you an illusion of being a Yorkshire terrier but as we know looks is not all what is needed in a pet. So choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders. Last but not the least, choose the breeder with your area of interest.
Second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is the quality of pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what pedigree is. Actually quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents and ancestors that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament and health of that pet, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. Basically track record of a quality pup is very important.
Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms pedigree & puppy's registration but they are too different. Through pedigree a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited but through registration papers you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the qualities.