Some Facts About English Cocker Spaniel
They are medium-sized dog breed. They were developed in England. They make up being a great companion and sporty dog. They bark a lot which makes them the perfect watchdog as they can instantly guide you about someone's presence through bark. As they were developed as being the hunting dogs so they may show up some signs of being that for example they may start chasing up birds. They have a friendly and kind approach towards everyone.
- Colour: black, cream, silver, apricot, black and white, brown, black and tan, blue, sable and red.
- They have medium long coats.
- Their coat is slightly wavy and silky.
- The male English cocker spaniel should be from 15 inches to 16 inches.
- The female English cocker spaniel should be from 16 inches to 17 inches.
- The weight of male English cocker spaniel should be from 28 pounds to 34 pounds.
- The weight of female English cocker spaniel should be from 26 pounds to 32 pounds.
- They will make your journey beautiful for 12 to 15 years.
They are one of those who gain up obesity very fast so it's important to divide their meals into two. You need to divide their meal between two halves and should not cross their diet at any cost. Serve them with one to two cups of food a day because overfeeding them can create a major problem and you may need to consult the doctor.
You have to divide the meal of your dog according to their body needs so it's important for you to analyse their body demand.One more important thing about a pet is that never feed them with the human food because that can be toxic for their body and you may need a doctor.
Training them is very easy you won't have to run after them to teach something because they are very intelligent and smart to understand anything. Remember to train them when they are young because training them as a grown-up will be very difficult.They need regular exercise and obedience classes. House training them is a bit difficult but you should make sure to give them crate training as well because that will make them mentally strong. Their natural energy should be burned so that they don't get bored, obese and don't react destructively. They cannot bear harsh training as that can make them fearful.
They need to take bath on regular intervals. Their nails should be trimmed every 2 weeks so that it doesn't hurt them. They should brush teeth atleast 2 to 3 times. Another important thing which you should keep in mind while washing your pet is that you should dry their ear well, so that there lies no chance of fungal or any other infection.
- In this condition the bones do not fit into hip joint.
- Dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
- It is due to the kidney failure.
- Kidneys stop working.
- They catch allergy very soon and it can be caused by anything. If he starts licking his paws or if he rubs his face more often then it's time to get him checked up.
CONGENITAL SENSORINEURAL DEAFNESS
- It is a colour disease.
- This disease is mostly found in partially-coloured dogs of this breed.
- As a symptom they can have hearing issues.
DILATED CARDIOMIOPATHY DISEASE
- In this the heart muscle gets swollen up.
GASTRIC DILATATION VOLVULE
- In this bloating happens which can be a life-threatening thing. In this, the dog is not able to vomit out the extra air in his stomach.
- This happens because of thyroid gland when it goes unbalanced in the body.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR ENGLISH COCKER SPANIEL:
There are two most important things you should keep in mind if you are planning to buy English Cocker Spaniel.
First and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with a dog of different breed. No doubt, that there are many beautiful dogs which will give you an illusion of being English cocker spaniel but as we know looks is not all what is needed in a pet. So, choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders.Last but not the least choose the breeder with your area of interest.
Second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is the quality of pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what is pedigree. Actually, quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents and ancestor that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament and health of that pet, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. Basically, track record of a quality pup is very important.
Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms pedigree and puppy’s registration but they are too different. Through pedigree a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited but through registration papers you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the qualities.